QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, July 6, 2015

SIMPLY OBEY GOD AND DO NOT ARGUE WITH HIM



“Nevertheless, lest we offend them, go to the sea, cast in a hook, and take the fish that comes up first. And when you have opened its mouth, you will find a piece of money; take that and give it to them for Me and you.” – Matthew 17:27

Those who were collecting temple tax came to Peter, a disciple of Christ and asked him whether Jesus Christ is paying the temple tax or not? After this conversation as Peter came to Jesus, He asked him to go to the sea and cast in a hook and find a piece of money from the fish that comes up first so that he can give it as temple tax to the authorities.

Jesus Christ doesn’t tell this to an ordinary man. He told that to a man who was a fisherman. Peter was a fisherman who very well knew that he can’t take a coin out of fish mouth. He might not have seen anything like that before in his career as fisherman. Also he knew that is impossible to catch exactly the fish which has money in it. 

But yet he didn’t question or reasoned with God about it. He just accepted it and believed. He should have had put hundreds of reasons before Jesus that why it will be impossible to catch such a fish. But he had not done that. He had put his own self and knowledge behind and accepted God’s word as it came. 

Are we obeying God like Peter did? Are we accepting God’s word like Peter did?

Recently my wife wanted to go to a shop and I took her along with my little daughter. As she went to that shop for a purpose, I sat in my car and started to play with my little daughter. I thought my wife will return early and as time passed by I was watching the road through the side mirror of the car. At that time, I saw an old man struggling to walk with a bag coming towards the car. He was walking slowly and I was watching him through the side mirror.

As he was approaching the car, I strongly felt within me that I have to buy a lunch for him. God urged me to ask him what he need and provide him what he wanted to have. Many things came into my mind like what if he doesn’t reply me or what if my wife get back at the time when I go to buy something for him. So many thoughts came into my mind and I told God that I don’t think he will be needed anything. I just argued with God and I felt so bad about what I did. 

So I told God that I will find the old man once my wife returns and then will buy food for him as he will not walk for much distance within short period of time. But yet by the time my wife returned, I could not find that old man. 

I knew that I failed to obey God on that day. Because of my reasoning and argument, I became a hindrance to God to bless an old man. If I had obeyed God and helped him, surely I also would have got God’s blessings. But on that day I lost God’s blessings as I failed to obey God’s word. 

My dear young friends, do not argue with God. Do not show your knowledge and reasoning in God’s presence. Let your own self die in the presence of God so that God can perform miracles through you. Believe what God says and obey Him. You will be blessed and through you God will richly bless others also. Do not argue with God for He knows what is best to you and what He can do through you. God bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment